Best tour of Meteora, (travel by train)
Wonderful 2 day tour, exploring amazing sites of Meteora
(Travel from Athens to and back by train )
Highlight and sites will be covered;
3 - 6
Daily Tour Program
- Day 1 - Athens to Meteroa (Kalambaka) - (D)
In the morning we will meet you at your Athens hotel and provide a transfer to Athens Train station, around 08:30 am, depart from Athens on a scenic 5 hour train ride north to the town of Kalambaka.
Upon arrival meet up with the transfer men, transfer to your hotel, after check in enjoy free time to rest and refresh.
Meet up with the group and enjoy a 4 hour amazing sun set tour of Meteora.
See sites from different angles and get amazing photo opportunities.
At the end of the Sunset tour, return to town center and enjoy a a dinner at a local restaurant.
Overnight stay in Meteora.
- Day 2 - Meteora (Kalambaka) to Athens - (B)
After breakfast meet up with the group enjoy a guided tour of Meteora.
visit 3 of the popular monasteries.
The Meteora meaning heavens on above and beyond, is one of the largest and most
important complexes of Eastern Orthodox monasteries in Greece.
Monasteries are built on sandstone, and they look amazing from each angle.
Meteora is included on the UNESCO World Heritage list.
Around 17:30 pm Depart from Meteora on a train ride back to Athens.
22:30 pm Arrival in Athens, meet up with the transfer men transfer to your hotel.
* Total cost $285.US Dollars Per person in a double room & $385.00 US Dollars in a single room
Contact us if you are more then 2 guests traveling.
* 1 Nights accommodation in a centrally located hotel
* All land transfers with comfortable vehicles
* Professional, English-speaking tour guides during the tours
* Admission fees (during the tours) -
* Train tickets from Athens to Kalambaka
* Train tickets from Kalambaka to Athens
* 1 Breakfasts and 1 dinners
* All taxes and service charges
<< View more tours from Athens <<
We can tailor this trip to meet your requirements, all arrangements like add more days, include more ancients sites and more island tours.
If you like to book this tour or have further questions, please fill in the form below.
Request a custom tour of Greece
Greek Island hopping vacations
Multi-day land tours from Athens
Greece and Italy combined