We can customize this program and add more destinations or additional hotel stays.
- Friday - Day 1 - Arrival in Athens
KALOS ORISATE! Welcome to Greece!
We will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. After a short briefing about your tour, you will have the afternoon free to rest and explore Athens on your own. Overnight in Athens
- Day 2 - Athens - (B)
After breakfast around 8:30 AM, we will meet you at your hotel for your guided tour of Athens.
You will explore Temple of Olympian Zeus, Panathinaiko Stadium (where the first Olympic Games took place in 1896). After that, we will drive by the Prime's Minister's residence, the Royal Palace, (guarded by colorful Evzones), Zappion (Conference and Exhibition Hall), National Garden, Hadrian's Arc, St. Paul's Church, Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Schlieman's House (Numismatic Museum), Catholic Cathedral, Academy, University, National Library, Old Parliament, Constitution Square, and the impressive Russian Orthodox Church.
At the ACROPOLIS, you will visit Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike, Parthenon, Erechtheion and the Museum of the Acropolis.
In the early afternoon, we will provide a transfer to your hotel, or we can also drop you off at the Plaka so you can wander and explore. Overnight in Athens.
-Day 3 - Athens - (B)
Breakfast provided in the hotel and your morning will be free. After lunch, around 2:00 PM, you will be picked up from the hotel and driven along the scenic coastal road affording splendid views of the Saronic Gulf, and the beautiful Athenian suburbs of Glyfada,Vouliagmenia and Varkiza.
At Cape Sounion, you will visit the 5th century B.C. Temple of Poseidon. Here is one of the most breathtaking panoramic views in the world (on a clear day you can see at least seven islands); the precipice is a sheer 197-foot drop into the sea. Overnight in Athens.
- Monday - Day 4 - Athens to Olympia - (B)
After breakfast, youíll depart Athens by car. Our drive to Olympia will offer exciting scenery as we pass by Olympic Stadium, and the Corinth Channel, stopping for a small break afterwards.
After that we will drive onto Epidaurus and visit the Ancient Theatre, famous for its impressive acoustics. Afterwards, we will continue onto Nauplia through the plains of Argos. Weíll arrive in Mycanea and visit the Tomb of Famous Agamemnon there. After another short break, we will also see both Tripolis and Megalopolis. After you arrive in Olympia, youíll check in at the hotel.
Overnight in Olympia.
- Tuesday - Day 5 - Olympia to Delphi - (B/D)
After breakfast, you will start the day visiting the following famed archaeological sites: Temple of Zeus, Temple of Hera, The Altar of the Olympic Flame, The Stadium, and the Archeological Museum.
After visiting these sites, we will drive along the coastal road towards Delphi, passing through Patras and Antirion. In the afternoon, weíll take a break and stroll around the charming mountain village of Arachova.
Arrival in Delphi and check in the hotel.
Overnight in Delphi.
- Wednesday - Day 6 - Delphi to Kalambaka - (B/D)
After breakfast, we will visit the ancient site of Delphi and the Museum of Delphi. We will then depart for Kalambaka (after having a short break at Lamia.) Kalambaka is a picturesque small town built at the foot of the Majestic Grey Rocks and crowned by the Meteora Monasteries overhead.
Overnight in Kalambaka.
- Thursday - Day 7 - Kalambaka to Athens - (B)
After breakfast, we depart Kalambaka and drive back to Athens, visiting Byzantine monasteries and the Monument of Leonidas at Thermopoli, Overnight in Athens.
- Friday - Day 8 - Athens to Mykonos - (B)
Very early in the morning, you will be transferred to Rafinaís ferry port, and put you on a fast ferry to Mykonos. After arrival in Mykonos, you will be transferred to your hotel. Youíll have a full free day to relax and explore the island on your own.
Located in the middle of the Aegean Sea, Mykonos is one of the most popular Greek islands, thanks to its beaches with crystal-clear water, windmills, charming waterfront buildings, stunning archeological sites and excellent nightlife. Archaeological records here indicate that the Ionians settled Mykonos in the early part of the 11th century BC; more recent discoveries have uncovered ruins in Ftelia beach from the Neolithic-era Kares tribe dating back to 3,000 BC.
Overnight in Mykonos.
- Saturday - Day 9 - Mykonos to Santorini - (B)
After breakfast you will depart from Mykonos Island on a 3 hour ferry to Santorini. Upon arrival you will be met at the ferry port and transferred to your hotel. After check in you will have a free day to relax and explore Santorini.
* Santorini is one of those iconic places that will be permanently etched in your mind. Everywhere you turn is a photo opportunity. Essentially, the island is what remains of an enormous volcanic eruption, which destroyed the earliest settlements on what was formerly a single island. The aftermath of the explosion created what you see today, a caldera. All of the whitewashed, charming houses cling to the high cliffs of the rim, while the deep blue Aegean Sea wraps around the geological masterpiece, hundreds of feet below. Its spectacular physical beauty, along with its lively nightlife, has made this island a perennial tourist favorite.
Overnight in Santorini.
- Sunday - Day 10 - Santorini - (B/L)
After breakfast we will take you on a full-day tour of Santorini. You will visit Acrotiri, hop on a boat to explore the caldera, take in the hot springs, view the ruins of Thirrassia, and finish off this very memorable day by watching the famous sunset from Oia. Afterwards, you will be taken back to your hotel.
Overnight in Santorini.
- Monday - Day 11 - Santorini - (B)
After breakfast, you will have a full free day to relax and explore Santorini on your own. Many take this opportunity to relax and tan on one of Santoriniís famous beaches, such as Red Beach, or return for more sightseeing in Oia. Overnight in Santorini.
- Tuesday - Day 12 - Santorini to Crete - (B)
After breakfast, you will depart from Santorini for a 3-hour ferry to Crete. Upon arrival, you will be met at the ferry port and transferred to your hotel. After check-in you will have a free day to relax and explore Crete.
* Crete, Greeceís largest island, was the center of the Minoan civilization, Greeceís oldest (ca. 2600ñ1400 BC). Crete lays claim to significant and varied ancient history: you can visit the Minoan sites of Knossos and Phaistos, the Greek classical city of Gortys, as well as the historical Venetian region of Chania and the Venetian castle in Rethymno. There is also Samaria Gorge National Park (established 1962), a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve.
Overnight in Crete.
- Wednesday - Day 13 - Free day - Crete - (B)
Breakfast provided in the hotel. Then, the day is yours to relax and explore Crete Island. Overnight on Crete.
- Thursday - Day 14 - Crete to Athens - (B)
After breakfast, we will provide a transfer to Crete Airport and put you on a 1-hour flight to Athens. Arriving in Athens marks the end of this tour.
(If you desire, we can book additional hotel nights or transfers in Athens.)
Total cost : __ Per person in double ____ for single supplement - contact us for rates!
* All ferry tickets
* All ferry port transfers
* Centrally-located, distinctive hotels (with breakfast)
* All guided tours
* Meals mentioned in the itinerary (B/L/D)
* Entrance fees, guide(s) - with tours
* Airport transfers on Crete Island
* Flight tickets from Crete to Athens
* All taxes and service charges