Your tour guide will await your arrival at the port gate, and will be holding a sign bearing your name; you will then continue on your memorable day tour of beautiful Crete Island.
* Knossos (also known as the Knossos Palace, is the largest Bronze Age archaeological site on Crete and presumably the ceremonial and political center of the Minoan civilization.
The city of Knossos remained important through the Classical and Roman periods, but its population shifted to the new town of Handaq (modern Heraklion) during the 9th century AD. By the 13th century, it was called Makryteikhos 'Long Wall'; the bishops of Gortyn continued to call themselves the Bishops of Knossos until the 19th century. Today, the name is used only for the archaeological site situated in the suburbs of Heraklion.
Afterwards, weíll enjoy a relaxing lunch and even sample some ouzo/raki in a traditional family-run restaurant.
Later, we will return to the city center and give you free time to explore and/or shop.
After the tour, we will provide a transfer for you back to the harbor.
*** Tour ends ***
Total cost ____ $ _____ per person _____ - please contact us for rates
* Harbor transfers/pick-ups
* Professional, English-speaking tour guides
* Comfortable, air-conditioned minivans
* Entrance fees to ancient sites
* All taxes and service charges
To get more info or to make a booking request, please fill in this form below.